Thank you for such a great year of camps everyone! We couldn’t do it without you, our students. We loved watching all of our kids grow with the progression of the camp and we’re excited to do this again! Stay tuned for our next camp, Winter Camp!
This year, Trail Rides of Ojai will be hosting a Summer Horse Day Camp for kids 8 and up who want to learn more about horse riding, training, and ownership. We have a number of fun and educational activities planned for our attendees, including:
- Caring for a horse on a day-to-day basis through healthy feeding and good exercise
- Preparing a horse for riding, from brushing coats and cleaning hooves to putting on a saddle and bridle
- Teaching basic principles of horse training – how to “talk” to a horse, how to gain their respect, and what signals to use when training them
- Learning about different horse breeds, colors, and overall horse anatomy
- And, of course, learning how to ride a horse!
In addition, we’ll have other games and activities for kids to participate in, including puzzles, trivia contests, horse painting, and even themed weeks!
Some other information:
Our summer camp will run every other week, Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 1pm
The first week of summer camp is June 5th -9th, with camp finishing on the week of July 31st- August 4th.
Prices for summer camp are $350* per week for half-days of fun!
Students should bring boots or close-toed shoes, sturdy pants, water, and sunscreen. We will have an ice chest for items to be kept cool.
*Prepay prices must be paid in full one week before anticipated participation. Prices increase by $50 on first day of camp. Cash or card accepted and appreciated.